Friday, July 30, 2010

Kids grow so fast..







Someone posted these pictures on Facebook, and I started crying. I cried because Shawn is a lot like his dad, and that's a good thing. He works in a similar type of job, managing and leading people, they are both talented musicians and they both play the same instrument, the guitar. Shawn is like me in some ways too, he has a short circuit, he thinks he is always right, and a bit stubborn.



I found a poem that I love, it goes with the pictures and explains what went through my mind when I saw the pictures for the first time:
Daddy's Footsteps ~Author Unknown~

“Walk a little slower, Daddy”,Said a little child so small.
“I’m following in your footsteps,And I don’t want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast,Sometimes they’re hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,For you are leading me.
Someday when I’m all grown up,You’re what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child Who’ll want to follow me.
And I would want to lead just right,And know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy,For I must follow you.”






No comments: