Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Tea Party




Mommy and Kallie


Baby Chicks


Kallie kissing Black baby chick




Kallie's Classroom



Kallie's gift for mom




Kallie was very excited about the Mother's Day Tea Party at her school. She had talked about it for days. I wasn't sure I could get off from work, but I did, and that made my Kallie cakes very happy.
On Friday, she got up before I did, and decided to pick the clothes for me to wear. She was determined to have me wear this turquoise colored shirt because "mommy, you look beautiful in it"
At the tea party she was the only kid who looked at her mother in the eyes the whole entire time she performed. I felt my daughter's eyes looking at me non stop, it was beautiful. Her eyes could speak louder than words. She was so happy to have me there. I felt her love for me on every song they performed, she was talking to me silently, just looking at me, her eyes were asking questions, I felt they were asking, mommy do you like it?...till, they did the chicken dance at the end... and my baby girl couldn't partner up with another kid for part of the dance, and my heart broke, but even at that instance, she never stopped looking at me. She stood there all alone, not sure why she couldn't grab a partner, and felt awkward. I wanted to jump in there and dance with her, but I couldn't, instead I smiled at her and kept smiling to her from far away almost like saying, honey it's okay.. I could tell she was sad and ready to cry. Sometimes when Kallie is about to cry she gets this look, like she is smiling. It's not a real smile, but a way to try to stop herself from crying. Usually that smile doesn't last long before a real cry starts. I could see tears coming down my baby's eyes, then she got smart and join a couple of dancers and made a threesome. What a brave little girl! After the dance was over, she went to the back of the classroom and cried, and cried, till I told her that she handled the situation perfectly, then she felt better. After that we went back to her table for "tea" and cookies.
We had to see the chicks one more time and together we created unforgettable memories. Kallie thanks for a beautiful Mother's Day tea Party.

No comments: